Leading and Managing in an Age of Disruption
Future-proofing your business against robots, Brexit, and the climate crisis
In a global age of disruption from artificial intelligence, Brexit, climate crisis, trade wars, and changing employment demands, future organizational change is not avoidable. The effects of disruption will be immediate, with consideration and preparation being paramount for the survival of organizations and the leaders of tomorrow.
- Automation: it is predicted that 1.5 million people in England are at a high risk of losing their jobs to automation
- Geopolitical change: Geopolitical change can devastate unprepared businesses, such as a no-deal Brexit, threaten to cost businesses millions of dollars
- Climate crisis: Over 200 of the world’s largest listed companies forecast that the climate crisis could cost them billions of dollars in upcoming years
Leading and Managing Change in the Age of Disruption and Artificial Intelligence, written by Dr. Matthew Donald, is the essential guide for management in the new economy. With over three decades of business experience, Dr. Donald’s book brings the topics of management, leadership, and organizational change into the future for leaders and managers of organizations, arming them with case studies, exercises, tools, tables, and analysis to assist with preparation for organizational change.
The book expertly tackles modern disruption, ranging from EU destabilization, rebalancing world powers, financial trade barriers, and the influence of technology. It provides practical insights and strategies to help managers and leaders to future-proof organizations of all sizes for the wave of disruption on the horizon, which is threatening large scale loss of jobs, occupations, and even whole industries.
In a time of change, Dr. Donald looks at the changing demands of managing a modern workforce, from the skilling your force now in areas, such as data analysis, to adapting to the demands of a millennial workforce for flexible working and the adoption of corporate social responsibility to maintain values in times of tumultuous change.
Leading and Managing Change in the Age of Disruption and Artificial Intelligence is an imperative read to future-proof organizations, as it provides the skills to critically think about what the future holds and to prepare you organization for whatever disruption is around the corner.
About the Author
Dr. Matthew Donald is a leading academic in the field of management, leadership, and organizational change, with over 30 years of business experience. He is a fellow at CPA Australia, and a member of the Australian Institute of Project Management. As an academic, he has taught in the topics of management, accounting, business strategy, international business and leadership. Dr Mat is also helping organisations through change with his Modern Change Assessment Tool, as well as appearing as a keynote speaker for businesses.
Dr Mathew Donald available to offer expert comment, articles and interviews on disruption, management, and leadership topics, including:
- How to manage an AI workforce
- Ethics: The only way business will survive AI and keep morality
- How can you measure disruption?
- Take a multidimensional approach for corporate change success
- Is a robot workforce inevitable?
- Beat disruption by separating leadership and management
- Building trust in your team in an age of disruption
- What leadership skills will the future demand?