Tools of the Trade Fall 2018
Rubber doors withstand almost any impact
This heavy-duty rubber roll-up door system is a high-performance door that was born from the demands and harsh conditions of the mining industry. In the past 15 years, TNR’s custom-built door systems have proven to be reliable and cost effective.
The heavy, reinforced rubber curtain, patented CurtainLok™ and Newgen® guides, provide an extremely durable solution for mining truck shops, headframes and tunnel portals. Rubber doors easily withstand vehicle impacts, ventilation and blasting pressures, and can endure up to 20 psf wind pressure. After an impact, the rubber door is quickly reset using standard tools and fasteners, ensuring minimal downtime while maintaining productivity.
The high-speed electric operator and electronic control panel provide dependable operation in rugged and high cycle applications, and also support a wide range of safety and activation options. TNR’s rubber doors are available up to 55 feet wide by 35 feet high, easily accommodating large mining equipment access.
DiCan Inc. dump box sensor ensures that your box is always lowered before moving
DBSA-12 is an enclosed programmable timer microprocessor that receives feedback from a magnetic switch to indicate the position of the dump box on equipment such as snow plows, dump trucks, packers and any other type of equipment where position notification is required. It provides the operator with an audible and visual IN-CAB alert that the box is NOT in the lowered position.
Optional features include:
- DBSA-12-G: This GPS tracking solution output module provides the ability to integrate with a telematics solution for reporting with alert features.
- DBSA-MM: The Momentary Mute Module allows the driver to mute the in-cab alarm for a pre-set period of time (for applications such as shouldering).
- DBSA-12-D: This provides multiple sensor components to facilitate position indication alerts for more than one appendage.
DiCAN Inc. is locally-owned and based in Southern Ontario.
One drive, extensive applications
The VACON 100 INDUSTRIAL is a workhorse for a wide range of industrial applications. It is easy to integrate into all major control systems and is quickly adaptable to different needs. Just choose your application and let the VACON 100 INDUSTRIAL bring you clear savings.
- Integrated RS485 and Ethernet interfaces that support all major industrial protocols, which saves on the need for additional interface cards.
- Thin film DC capacitors ensure a longer life—lasting up to 300,000 hours. That’s about 30 years of reliable operation!
- Optimized performance—they are always ready for immediate use; no stocking problems.
- Reduced losses—cut losses by two per cent!
- Environmentally-friendly—they contain no hazardous waste.
- The VACON 100 INDUSTRIAL is available in the power range of:
- 3 x 208-240 V – 0.75-125 HP (0.55-90kW)
- 3 x 380-500 V –1.5-1000 HP (1.1-630 kW)
- 3 x 525-600 V – 3.0-200 HP
- 3 x 525-690 V – 7.5-800 HP (5.5-800 kW)
Developing, applying and supplying the best underground mine ventilation monitoring technology
Accutron Instruments Inc. is a leading manufacturer of underground mine ventilation monitoring technology. The company is based in Sudbury, Ontario, and supplies worldwide industrial markets with products and services for ventilation monitoring, process automation and for optimizing mine ventilation systems to improve process efficiency and energy conservation.
Accutron Instruments Inc. designs, manufactures and commissions a wide range of mining sensors to meet the demands of harsh industrial environmental conditions and infrastructure demands. Their products include airflow monitors, toxic gas detectors, and temperature, pressure and humidity level sensors, as well as complete Mine Air Quality Stations (MAQS). Their service offerings include R&D, PCB design, on-site technical services and custom engineering designs.
Accutron has clients in over 33 countries who have installed over 5,000 operational ultrasonic airflow sensors. The company aims to create the global standard in underground mine ventilation systems. They are always innovating and never compromise on quality.